World's most popular travel blog for travel bloggers.

Term for shifting work to idle machines

, , No Comments
Problem Detail: 

I am looking for a term here. A while ago, i was told about a network in which all the computers are connected in parallel, and when a computer is idle, the central server sends heavy cpu usage tasks to that idle computer.

This is often used in pharmaceutical companies working on protein structure configurations, or as the CS community more commonly knows, the bit mining community.

Any who, i know this is often called grid computing, however there was another name for it. Scapegoating? or something like that. Not quite sure. The term has really been bugging me. Can you guys help me out?

Asked By : Jonathan

Answered By : Lolo

This is called volunteer computing.

Best Answer from StackOverflow

Question Source :

3200 people like this

 Download Related Notes/Documents


Post a Comment

Let us know your responses and feedback